The Chapel of Santa Maria de le Soledad

The Chapel of Santa Maria de la Soledad is within the old gateway of Porta San Carlo. In 1660 the Spanish general and Master of Campo Don Alonso de Monrroy, who was the military commander of Gaeta, added a chapel to the gateway. The gate and the chapel still exist today

Chapel of Santa Maria de la Soledad in Gaeta Italy