The Church of San Biagio (Church of Sant’Antonio Abate) in Gaeta
The church of San Biagio (formerly la Chiesa di Sant’Antonio Abate) dated back to the Renaissance era. It was situated on the corner of Via Annunziata and Via Begani. During World War II the church was badly damaged. In the post war reconstruction of the seafront in the 1950’s the decision was made to demolish the church. So all that remains to be seen today is a wall with the marble altarpiece and a series of frames. Some of the other marble decorations and works of art are now held in the Diocesan Museum. The statue of the Madonna della Cintura is now found in the Church and Santuary of the Santissima Annunziata.