The Church and Monastery of San Teodoro e San Martino

The church and monastery were first documented in 906, in the will of Duke Docibile, which refers to “the vineyards bordering the garden on the side of San Teodoro“. The church was located close to the Porta Nuova, near to the present day castle.  In 1063 it was gifted to monks of the Benedictine order.