The Monastery of Sant’Agata
The Monastery of Sant’Agata dates from 1327 and was founded by Bishop Francesco Gattola and given to the Franciscan fraternity. In 1837 the remains of the monastery served as a burial site, during a cholera epidemic in Gaeta. Two works that belonged to the monastery are now housed in the Church of San Carlo Borromeo. These are a crucifix and a statue of Sant’Agata.